Thursday 13 December 2007

The (not so) Unexplained Meme

T&A has dobbed me for a meme. SO has Poodles and Fiery :)

There just aint enough of me to go around.. This is for all of ya...

The rules are as follows:

1. You should post these rules

2. Recall and relate a time when you experienced a "paranormal event"

3. Explain it rationally if you can

4. Inflict this meme on 5 other people

In my early twenties I was a bit of a rockstar in my hometown down south in New Zealand. I was playing in 4 bands, pulled $1500 a week (not band for late 70s), owned a house, had a lovely wife, and we had serious parties. I enjoyed making wine, especially Sake and Elderberry in one gallon jars...

One night after a few we (three bandmates and girlfriends) were having a session when we were all alerted to an alarming news story on the radio... There was a UFO flying around the city of Christchurch. WTF? We all heard it and me and boys decided to get in the car and follow it... as you would.

We jumped in my 1964 Datsun Bluebird and listened to the radio for where it was last seen. We drove around and followed it for hours... it would try to land behind buildings and suddenly screamed of again and we followed again... It went on for hours...

Four guys driving around all seeing and hearing the same thing... must be true!

We gave up after a while and went home, the girlfriends/wives had all crashed at my place and laughed when they heard our story.

The bass players girlfriend had put six trips (LSD) in the jar of Sake we were drinking.

My 64 Datsun Bluebird didn't even have a radio, we checked!

Hey it was paranormal to us!

I will tag...hmmmm...

1/ Bender01 A new (soon) blogger and a tech friend of mine...(come on mate!)

2/ Thump Thump Eyes... my beautiful partner

3/ Reg Golb cause it would be interesting

4/ Delise cause I've lurked but never said anything but I think she is very cool (Sorry Delise)

5/ You!



Aye

6 gems of wisdom:

Fiery said...

If 3 people tag you for the same thread, you're one of the cool kids now!!!!!

Don't forget us little people that got you there. :)

Hilarious story!!!!!

No working radio. *snerk* nice one!

SouthLoopScot said...

Ah the power of LSD...
I never quite had that tripped out of an experience, and I sure as hell glad I didn't!

Nice job! I'm not so sure how I feel about you using Glob's name for me though... And Fiery is right, you are one of the cool kids!

Protium the Heathen said...

Fiery: How could I ever forget you.

T&A: The acid back then was intense. A trip could go for 24 hours. whaaaa.
I'm not really that cool. I'm a useless blogger and a GOC :)

Sean Wright said...

Hey I did my bear thing without LSD that's got to count for something right?

Protium the Heathen said...

T&A: I fixed yer name up.

Poodles said...

I spent several hours one night giggling at a troll doll on LSD. Does that count as weird?