Sunday 9 November 2008

ومن الغباء أن بيرنز

The title is supposed to say "The stupid, it burns" direct from a translator... I'd love to know if it means that in Arabic, because if I re-translate it says "It is foolish that Burns"... not quite what I intended but anyhoo... (and why a capital B in Burns... is that a reference to the Simpsons?)

This clip redefines "stupid"!

A debate between an Iraqi "Researcher on Astronomy" and a physicist on Iraqi television. Apparently, this is an important question in the Islamic world...

-From the transcript-

Interviewer: Lunar and solar eclipses, sunset and sunrise, and the changing of seasons -- how would you explain all these phenomena, if the Earth is not round, as you claim?

Fadhel Al-Sa'd: The sun circles the Earth because it is smaller than the Earth, as is evident in Koranic verses.

Have you ever seen how the sun moves? I have seen the sun moving. The sun makes one move every 24 hours.

What I say is based on Koranic science. He bases his arguments on the kind of science that I reject categorically -- the modern science that they teach in schools. This science is a heretic innovation that has no confirmation in the Koran. No verse in the Koran indicates that the Earth is round or that it rotates. Anything that has no indication in the Koran is false.





"Anything that has no indication in the Koran is false."

"The sun circles the Earth because it is smaller than the Earth, as is evident in Koranic verses."

Can you say "moron"?

Christains wouldn't say anything like this... would they?

6 gems of wisdom:

Fiery said...

"The sun is smaller than the earth" is like saying "man walked with dinosaurs".

Fuckwits each and every one.

Half rabbit said...

When I heard of the video I was imagining myself laughing. But my poor hand is shaking. Indeed the stupidity............IT BURNS

Actually they said the sun is 188 times larger than the earth actually is (2,400,000km when in actual facts it's a bit more than half that at 1.39 million) Then they said the earth it twice the size of the sun. So therefore............ his arse is so big he can make up weird numbers on the stop. Either that I need to brush up on my Koranic science. Buwhahahahaha need sleeeeeeeeeep can't remember facts

Anonymous said...

To answer your question: yes. If it could be found in the bible, there would be xtians saying the sun is smaller than the earth. That is, as you know, how they explain a multitude of other absurd things, yes?

T T Eyes said...

The stupid it burns! is so apt!!

Education Education Education...but not out of a useless dusty old book from a long long time ago!

Protium the Heathen said...

Fiery: Come on... I've seen pictures of Jesus on a dinosaur... don't ruin it for me ;-)

1/2rabbit: I know what you mean. It is SO stupid you can't actually laugh at it.

TS: Thanks for popping by and you're completely correct... I'm wondering if there is a limit to how stupid things can be before someone starts to question.

Thump: love you mate

VAMP said...

Glad to see you back bloggin'...

"science is a heretic innovation"

CRAZY FOOOO!